Version 1.10.1 of our popular WooCommerce extension for helping with EU VAT (IVA/MwST/etc.) compliance has been released, with these improvements:
- Feature: VAT summary report table now has an option to export the table directly as a CSV file
- Feature: It is now possible to perform an extended VIES lookup, recording the customer’s detailed information (if available) of any customers supplying VAT numbers (thanks to Sven Auhagen for code and ideas)
- Feature: Cause the VAT number field to be pre-populated if a logged-in repeat customer checks out
- Feature: Show the customer’s VAT number (if any) in their profile page (in the WooCommerce customer information section)
- Feature: Add support for WPML for multi-language translation of fields shown at the checkout and price suffixes
- Fix: Fix issue which could cause VAT number field to wrongly not appear in certain complicated visiting country/customer country/goods/taxes combinations (required that GeoIP lookup was inaccurate, amongst other conditions)
- Tweak: Removed a little unused code
- Tweak: When advising of pre-WC-2.1 orders (which have incomplete information due to WC not recording it before 2.2), indicate which orders specifically are meant.
- Tweak: It turns out that a WooCommerce order can remain in the ‘Payment Pending’ state forever, causing a surprising “pre-WC-2.1 order” notice in one of the charts, if a customer comes back to complete a pending order from long ago. The wording of the notice has been changed to reflect this. (Obviously, as time goes on, this condition is even more unlikely to ever be seen).
- Tweak: Introduce wceuvat_check_cart_items_is_forbidden filter, to allow developers to apply arbitrary customisations to criteria for forbidding check-out for VAT-related reasons
- Tweak: Stop using PHP 4-style parent constructor call in widget class
- Tweak: Update bundled TableSorter library to latest (2.22.3)
As ever, current customers can update using the updater in their WordPress dashboard, or by downloading from their account page.